According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), nearly 90 percent of Americans have consumed alcohol at least once in their lifetime. 70 percent have consumed some type of alcoholic beverage over the last year. While these statistics should not cause someone to question how to stop drinking, other statistics are a bit more alarming.
NSDUH also found over 15 million Americans over age 18 had an alcohol use disorder. Less than 7 percent of those adults received treatment. Additionally, more than 10 percent of children live with a parent with alcoholism. These numbers represent the realities of alcohol addiction. Often, professional help is the only way to escape this cycle. Finding an alcohol addiction treatment center in St. Augustine, FL. could save the life of you or a loved one.
DEFINING ALCOHOL ABUSE OR DEPENDENCY
There are several names for alcohol abuse: dependency, disorder, or addiction. They all refer to some lack of control when consuming the beverage. Therefore, the first step in quitting drinking is to recognize that you have some type of problem with alcohol and that you cannot control it.
Some symptoms of alcohol abuse include:
- Drinking more than you intend for longer than you intend more often than you intend.
- You keep telling yourself, “This the last time.” However, it wasn’t the last time.
- Experiencing cravings for alcohol throughout the day.
- Missing work, important dates, or family activities because of drinking.
- You are no longer affected by or afraid of the consequences of drinking too much.
- You have either received a DUI or have driven while drunk several times.
If you recognize these or other symptoms, then you also need to acknowledge that you have a problem and that you need alcohol addiction treatment.
ENTER A DETOX CENTER IN ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA
If you live in St. Augustine, and you have made the decision to learn how to stop drinking alcohol, then your first step is to enter a detox center. A detox center allows you to get clean under the supervision of professionals in a controlled environment. A detox center does not guarantee that you will get clean. However, it is a significant first step toward sobriety that sets the tone for the rest of your treatment.
During rehabilitation, you will experience withdrawal symptoms — some may be quite severe. For this reason, you need medical supervision from trained experts who can help treat your withdrawals and provide the support you need to keep going.
ENTER AN ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER IN ST AUGUSTINE FL
Once you have completed your detox, you will be ready to enter further treatment at a residential addiction rehab. A treatment center can help you undergo different types of substance abuse therapy and treatment, such as:
- Comprehensive rehabilitation using multiple approaches
- Dual diagnosis treatment that addresses the addiction and any mental health issues
- Group addiction therapy so that you get the support you need from peers in recovery
- Family therapy program for each member of your family
- Holistic addiction therapies to heal your mind, body, and soul
LEARN HOW TO STOP DRINKING
If you are suffering from alcohol addiction and you need help, then contact Pearl of the Sea today. We offer help and support through our addiction treatment program. We can help you discover how to stop drinking and rise above dependency on alcohol. To find out more about our addiction treatment program, call us today at 866-962-1907.